Almond Naan Khatai
- 7 ounces ghee
- 6 ounces caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp illaichi powder (green cardamom powder)
- 3/4 cup roasted almonds crushed or chopped
- 12 ounces flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp water
Read the detailed procedure of naan khatai given below.
Almond Naan Khatai Procedure
- Melt ghee and allow it to cool.
- Now beat ghee and sugar till creamy and fluffy.
- Now add illaichi powder and beat till white color forms.
- Sieve flour, baking soda, baking powder and set aside.
- Now add this flour mixture in the ghee mixture.
- Also add almonds and knead it well.
- Now roll with rolling pin and its thickness should be 1/4 inch.
- After rolling cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Beat egg yolks and water together.
- Place naan khatai on the greased tray and brush egg yolk on its top.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 170ºC for 15 minutes.
- Allow it to cool and serve.