Swirl Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cups butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 3/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 drop red food color
- 1 drop green food color
You may add colors other than green and red.
Read the detailed recipe of swirl cookies below.
Swirl Cookies Recipe Procedure
- Sieve together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and keep aside.
- In a separate bowl take butter, brown sugar, caster sugar and beat until well blend.
- Now add beaten egg and vanilla essence in it and beat well.
- Then add flour mixture in butter mixture and make dough.
- Knead it very well.
- Now divide this dough into two equal parts.
- In one part add red color and mix well.
- Add green color in the second part and knead well.
- If you want dark color you may add more color.
- Now roll both doughs of 1/4 inch thickness separately.
- Now place one dough on other and start rolling it together.
- Give a shape of swiss roll.
- Wrap with plastic and refrigerate it for atleast 1-2 hours.
- Now take it out and cut with a knife of 1/4 inch thickness.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 200ºC for 6-8 minutes.
- Allow swirl cookies to cool and serve.