Plain Sponge Cake Recipe
1 hr 20 mins
Course: Dessert, Snack
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar grind it well to form caster sugar
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 tsp vanila essence
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2-3 tbsp or as required Milk
All the ingredients should be in a room temperature in order to get the desired result
Cake batter consistency should be as same as shown in the picture.
Read the detailed procedure given below.
Procedure of Plain Sponge Cake
- Prepare your mold first by greasing it and set aside.
- In a separate tray mix baking powder in flour with whisker very well and set aside.
- Take butter in a separate bowl and add caster sugar.
- Beat with electric beater till sugar dissolves.
- Now add one egg along with 1 tbsp flour mixture and beat.
- Again add egg and 1 tbsp of flour mixture, in the same way add remaining eggs and flour.
- Now add vanila essence and lightly beat batter.
- If you think that the batter is too dry you can add few drops of milk as well.
its consistency should be as it is shown in the picture.
- Take a greased mold and pour batter in it.
- Now bake this batter in a pre-heated oven on 180ºC for 35-40 minutes.
- To check that whether cake is done or not insert tooth pick inside the cake if it comes
out dry your cake is done.
- Let it cool and then cake it out from the mold.
- Serve plain Sponge cake with tea or coffee.