Course: Side Dish, Snack
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter frozen
- 1/2 cup rasains or black currants
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
Read the detailed recipe of scones below.
Scones Recipe Procedure
- In a bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and sugar together.
- Chop butter and add in the flour.
- Mix butter very well until flour crumbles.
- Add sour cream in the flour and mix well until dough clump forms.
- The dough may be seem sticky and less liquid but when you press it it will form dough.
- Press it well and form dough.
- Place dough on the floured surface and with hands make 7-8 inches circles and its thickness
should be 3/4 inch.
- Now cut with a sharp knife to give triangle or square shape or any other you want.
- Place on a cookie sheets with a lining of parchment paper or you can place on a greased tray.
- Sprinkle sugar on its top.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 200ºC for 15-17 minutes.
- Allow scones to cool for 5 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature.
- you may add cream and jam inside it or you can serve with whipped cream and jam separately.