Chocolate Tart Recipe
1 hr 25 mins
For The Crust
- 1/2 cup icing
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted & cooled
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter cubed
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 14 oz dark chocolate chopped
- 1 cup cream
- 100 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- for dusting cocoa powder & icing sugar
Read the detailed procedure of chocolate tart recipe given below.
Chocolate Tart Recipe Procedure
- In a food processor or chopper chop sugar and walnut together until finely ground.
- Then add flour, salt, cocoa powder and chop well until well blend.
- Now add butter in it and again blend them well in the processor until mix comes
together(Do not over process the mixture).
- Now place dough in the greased tart pan of 10 inch size and its bottom should be removable.
- Press the dough properly and spread equally from all sides.
- Now prick the dough with a fork all over.
- Place foil paper or parchment paper or butter paper on the base.
- Then put beans, chick peas or clean ceramic pebbles to bake blind according to
the given picture under instruction heading.
- Bake at 180ºC in a pre heated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the sides of the
crust leaves its place and pulls away.
- Let it cool and set a side.
- In a heat proof bowl melt chocolate on double boiler keep whisking until well melted.
- When melt add butter, cream and whisk well.
- Now remove from boiler and quickly add eggs and sugar it it and keep whisking while adding eggs.
- Whisk well until sugar dissolves and all the mixture blend well.
- Add vanilla essence and whisk.
- Transfer this mixture in the warm crust.
- Again bake for 12-13 more minutes until the sides get set but jiggly from the center.
- Now transfer to the wire rack and let it cool for at least 1-1/2 hours.
- You can also refrigerate for an hour and after an hour you can leave it out at a room temperature.
- While serving remove the chocolate tart from the ring of the tart mold and dust with icing sugar and cocoa powder.
You can also decorate with strawberries or cherries or red berries if available.