This is a very traditional and special falooda recipe which is very easy to make
at home. It is one of the best Urdu recipes and tasty as well.
Flooda Sawaiyan or Sev Ingredients
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1-1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 litre ice water
- 1 cup falooda sawaiyan or sev
- 1 glass milk
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 cup pineapple
- 2 cup ice cream vanilla falour
- 1/2 cup sugar syrup melt 1/2 cup sugar & 1/2 cup water together to form sugar syrup
- 1/2 packet green jelly
- 1/2 packet red jelly
- 1 tsp kewra
- 1 tsp tukhmalanga or chia seeds
- 2 tbsp red sharbat
- 2 tbsp pistachios & almonds
Read the detailed cooking recipe procedure given below.
Falooda Recipe Procedure
Falooda Swaiyan Procedure
- In a bowl, add a liter of ice cold water and ice cubes and keep aside in the fridge.
- Take mix 1/2 cup water, cornflour and sugar in a separate bowl and mix well that
there are no lumps.
- Heat another 1 cup of water in a heavy bottomed pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce flame to low and slowly add the cornflour mixture and keep stirring constantly.
- The mixture will begin to thicken. Keep stirring constantly till the mixture turns transparent,
glossy and thick.
- Turn off flame and immediately spoon the hot mixture to a piping bag and cut its tip very narrow in
order to given sawaiyan thickness to the mixture.
- Take out cold ice water from the fridge and pipe mixture into it.
- Refrigerate the falooda sev dipped in cold water until use. It can be stored for 2-3 days
in the refrigerator.There is no need to cook the falooda sev anymore. Strain the cold water
and the freshly prepared falooda sev as required for desserts like falooda and kulfi falooda.
- Take 2 serving glasses and add crushed ice then falooda sawaiyan in it.
- Then add milk in both glasses and then add green jelly cubes and pineapple cubes.
- Now add sugar syrup in both glasses.
- Then add tukhmalanga, kewra, red jelly and ice cream in both glasses.
- At the end sprinkle almonds and pistachio along with red sharbat.
- Serve immediately.