Strawberry Pie Recipe
1 hr 10 mins
For Pie Crust
- 1-1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
- 3-2 tbsp ice water
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate
- 2 packets strawberry jelly
- 2 cup hot water
- as needed whipped cream for garnishing
You are required to put beans on the butter paper or foil according to the given picture. This is also called Blind Baking. After baking the pie crust remove these beans.
Read the detailed strawberry pie recipe given below.
Strawberry Pie Recipe Procedure
- In a bowl take cold unsalted butter and cut it into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Now mix plain flour with butter and caster sugar.
- Mix it well with hands and by pressing butter with your fingers.
- Then add ice water and knead it well.
- Now wrap this dough in plastic film and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Then place this dough on a greased pie tray and press with hands to give a shape of pie.
- Now place butter paper on the pie and then put baking beans on the butter paper for
blind baking (See the given picture of blind baking in the recipe).
- Bake pie crust in an oven at 180ºC for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the beans.
- Let it cool when done
- First place melted hot chocolate on the pie and cool until set.
- When chocolate sets on pie put strawberries on it.
- Now make strawberry jelly in 2 cups of water and pour this mixture of jelly on the strawberries.
- Now refrigerate it for few hours until set.
- At the end garnish with whipped cream and strawberries.
- Serve chill.