Walnut Honey Tart Recipe
Servings: 4 people
For Tart Crust
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cup butter chilled
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup egg yolks
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup egg whites
Bake tart crust with beans or clean ceramic pebbles according to the given picture.
Read the detailed recipe given below.
Walnut Honey Tart Procedure
- Mix all the crust ingredients together and knead it well.
- Set a side for 15 minutes.
- Then place dough on a greased pie or tart mold and then place foil or butter paper on the crust.
- Now put beans or clean ceramic pebble to bake blind according to the given picture under instruction
- Bake crust at 180ºC in a pre heat oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove the paper and beans.
- Again bake for 5 more minutes.
- Then set a side to cool.
- In a bowl beat butter and add honey, 1-1/2 cups sugar and egg yolks.
- Then add walnuts and beat.
- In another bowl beat egg whites then add 1/2 cup sugar and beat well.
- Now put this egg white mixture into the egg yolks mixture and beat well.
- Pour into the prepared crust and bake at 160ºC in a pre heated oven for 35 minutes
or until the mixture just set.
- Do not over bake tart as it will dry out.
- Serve the slice of tart with whipped cream or ice cream.