Machli ka Salan Recipe
Course: Main Course
- 1 kg Surmai fish with bones
- 375 g (1-1/2 pao) yogurt
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup fried onion
- as needed green chillies and julian cut ginger or you may use curry leaves
- 1 tez patta
- 6 green ilaaichi
- 1 tsp white zeera
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 tsp dhania powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- to taste salt
- 2 tbsp coconut grated or powdered
- 1-1/2 tsp red chillie powder
Read the detailed procedure of machli ka salan given below.
Machli ka Salan Procedure
- Blend yogurt and fried onions together in blender.
- Heat oil in a pan and add curry leaves and fry for 30 seconds.
- Then add yogurt mixture and stir.
- Then add tez patta, salt, red chillie powder, green illaichi, zeera powder,
dhania powder, turmeric powder, coconut grinded or powdered and fry very well.
- Now add 2 cups water and after 2-3 boils add fish.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve with curry leaves or green chilies and green dhania or as desired.